Saturday, December 1, 2012

INDIE BOOKSPOT Interview




Why do you write? Is it something you’ve always done, or always wanted to do? Or is it something that you started fairly recently?

Sitting down with a pen or pencil or crayon and expressing myself goes back way farther than I can remember. As a tyke, I got in trouble for drawing on the wall, like most kids–but seems like it took me a longer time than normal to learn my lesson. I made pages after pages of drawings, burning through those cheap paper pads faster than my parents could re-stock. Fortunately, my dad was in the newspaper business and had access to lots of paper. I vividly remember seeing a box turtle crawling around in our yard and thinking those little markings on his shell were the alphabet- and I couldn’t wait to learn my ABC’s so I could read turtle shells!


Read more of the INTERVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment